Gather, connect, and grow a variety of vegetables, flowers, fruits, and herbs in our community gardens planted across Victoria, Minnesota!
Community gardens are typically located on public lands or private property of community partners, in our case at Diethelm Park behind the Victoria Recreation Center, and at Holy Family Catholic High School along Kochia Lane. These small plots of gardens are for those who do not have a yard of their own, may not have the means to grow a garden in their yard, or just do not want a garden in their yard.
|Seasonal Community Gardens
The community gardens are closed for the season. They will reopen in the spring of 2024.
Community Garden Locations
Diethelm Park (Victoria Recreation Center)
Address: 8475 Kochia Lane, Victoria MN
Parking: Victoria Recreation Center Main Parking Lot
Garden Plots: 25 Raised Garden Plots
Holy Family Catholic Highschool
Address: 8101 Kochia Lane, Victoria Minnesota
Parking: Holy Family Catholic Highschool Main Parking Lot
Garden Plots: 20 Raised Garden Plots
Know Before You Go
Community Gardens Information
City of Victoria provides the following:
- 10x20 Raised Garden Plot
- Water and Hoses
- Annual Tilling
- Fall Composting
- Assigned Plot (Plot Assignment Mailed Out in early May)
- Community Garden Communications (February 1, 2023) — Community Garden registration forms are emailed out to all interested gardeners and gardeners from the previous season. Contact email@example.com if you would like to be added to the list.
- Returning Gardener Registration Period (February 1-March 15, 2023) — If you had a garden plot in the previous season, you will have priority to register before registration opens to the general public. The Parks & Recreation Department will not accept any registrations from new gardeners during this registration period. Returning gardeners are guaranteed the same plot they had the previous season. There is no online registration available during this registration period.
- General Registration Period (March 16-April 14, 2023) — New gardeners can register for available plots. Plots are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Community Gardens Open (Mid-May 2023) — Garden plots will open as soon as they are ready for the season. This means when the frost is out of the ground and the soils are dry enough to till.
- Community Gardens Close (October 15, 2023) — Garden plots will be closed for the season.
Holly Kaufhold, Recreation Supervisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Find out more about our parks by following Victoria Parks & Recreation!|
Adopt a Park
Give to a Park
Report an Issue
|City of Victoria Parks & Recreation Department
The park system woven throughout Victoria, Minnesota is managed and maintained by, or in partnership with, the City of Victoria Parks & Recreation Department.