The Fitness Center offers the full fitness experience with quality cardio and weight machines, dumbbells and additional strength training tools.
Members and guests are welcome to use the Fitness Center if over the age of 12. Guests must purchase a VRC daily pass to enter the Fitness Center.
Know Before You GoFitness Center Hours
Winter Hours (September 5- May):
- Mondays-Fridays | 5:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m.
- Saturdays, Sundays | 6:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m.
- Monday-Thursday | 5:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m.
- Friday | 5:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday | 6:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Ages 12-13 may use the Fitness Center with adult supervision (18+) and a waiver signed by both youth and parent.
- Ages 14-15 may use the Fitness Center without adult supervision once a youth fitness orientation with a VRC-approved fitness instructor is completed along with a signed waiver.
- Download the waiver and turn into the front desk at the VRC. (PDF)
Fitness Equipment Introduction
Learn how to use cardio and strength training equipment as well as the newest addition to the VRC fitness center — TRX — safely and effectively. Certified personal trainer, Kaari Hilgert, will teach proper techniques, machine adjustments, and determine appropriate weights, sets and repetitions for your fitness goals. Call Kaari Hilgert at (612) 961-3214 to set up your appointment. There is a fee of $30 per meeting that can be paid at time of appointment at the VRC front desk.
Personal training can benefit everyone, no matter your physical fitness or age. The personalized experience can help give you proper techniques to maximize the effectiveness of your workout.
Kaari Hilgert, 612-961-3214, email@example.com
- 17+ years of experience as a personal trainer
- Specialty areas include:
- Strength training & weight loss
- Injury rehabilitation
- Active older adult functional training
- Myofascial release
- Assisted stretching
- Core and balance training
- Certifications include: NETA Personal Training, NETA Group Fitness, NETA Senior Fitness Specialist, NETA Yoga (senior, kids, special populations, fitness)
Shirley Groskreutz, 952-239-0772, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 14 years of experience as a personal trainer
- Council clients to achieve a healthy lifestyle through exercise and nutrition
- Enthusiastically assisting clients reach their fitness goals
- Specialty areas include:
- Mobility assessment and functional training along with corrective exercise for older adults
- Athletic training for teens and young adults
- Increase flexibility by using Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) stretching technique
- Pre-natal and post-partum exercise programs
- Certifications include: American Council on Exercise Certified Personal Trainer
Rates and Appointments
Anyone receiving personal training at the VRC will need to be a member or pay for a daily pass to access the Fitness Center. Personal trainers at the VRC are contractors. They set their own rates and schedules. Contact them for more information and to set up appointments.
Address: 8475 Kochia Lane, Victoria, MN 55386
Parking: Victoria Recreation Center North and South Parking Lots
Room Location: Check in at the front desk upon arrival.
|Find out more about our parks by following Victoria Parks & Recreation!|
Rent a Facility
Explore a Park
Report an Issue
|City of Victoria Parks & Recreation Department
The park system woven throughout Victoria, Minnesota is managed and maintained by, or in partnership with, the City of Victoria Parks & Recreation Department.